2022/2023 Security Advice.
There are several steps you can take to improve the security of your home in Ireland:
- Install a security system: Consider installing a burglar alarm and CCTV cameras to deter burglars and help identify them in the event of a break-in.
- Secure your doors and windows: Make sure all doors and windows are properly locked when you are not home or when you are asleep. Consider adding additional security measures such as deadbolts, door chains, and window locks.
- Keep valuables out of sight: Keep valuable items, such as jewellery and electronics, out of sight from windows to prevent burglars from seeing them.
- Use lighting to your advantage: Keep your home well-lit, especially around doors and windows, to deter burglars. Consider using timers to turn lights on and off when you are away.
- Keep your keys safe: Don’t leave your keys in plain sight, and make sure to lock your doors and windows even if you are just stepping out for a few minutes.
- Consider getting a safe: Invest in a safe to keep important documents, jewelry, and other valuables secure in the event of a break-in.
- Don’t advertise your absence: Avoid posting about your vacation plans or extended absences on social media, as this can make your home a more attractive target for burglars.
By following these tips, you can help ensure the safety and security of your home in Ireland.